Saturday, April 23, 2011

An Easter Miracle

As I sit and watch the constant news coverage of the severe damage here in St. Louis, I am reminded of how blessed I am.  My ankle problems are so trivial.  It is mind boggling to me that there have been no reports of fatalities.  It truly is a miracle that everyone survived, and I thank God.  The damage is astounding, and it is surreal to see it, especially when it is so nearby.  How fortunate my family is, that the tornado missed us.  I am so saddened for all of the families who have been left homeless by this natural disaster.  We have spent many unnerving moments huddled downstairs as tornado sirens have sounded, and while we huddled together last night, we couldn't have imagined the destruction that was taking place.  Thank God no lives were lost.





My husband was due to return today, but the airport is closed.  Turns out he flew to Kansas City and rented a car, so that he can get home.  I was sure to warn my husband that our car that he left in long term parking might have been destroyed.  I won't blink an eye if it has been, because we have our home, and each other. 

~Suzanne

Update:  Among a sea of damaged cars with windows and windshields blown out, and hoods smashed in from debris, lights broken, etc...  my husband found our car in fine condition other than being covered in leaves and twigs, with a small ding.  Amazing. 

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you after the tornado! I hope your husband returns safely and all of St. Louis will be back to normal asap.

    I am finally settled in a good nursing home in my town with skilled nursing and PT, lots of light, and good food. I have a new internet connection. After 4 moves since April 14 I am ready to heal with a good routine. My daughter who has been doing the heavy lifting, paper work and countless other tasks left today. I am on Loritabs to stave off the pain. Doing well. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, I am positively thrilled to hear that you are doing well! I'm glad you won't have to move for awhile, time to settle in with your new routine. I hope you're not experiencing a lot of pain, keep the Loritabs coming! Please keep me posted. :)

    ReplyDelete