Friday, April 22, 2011

My Cast, My Love (not really)

I said I'd see ya when my cast came off, but I couldn't resist posting a farewell shot and....



Dearest Psychedelic Cast,

I bid you adieu, on Monday, April 25th at 10:30 a.m. central time.

Although you have been extremely protective of me (overly protective at times) and have offered constant and undying (too much) support around the clock, it is time for us to consider a  separation from one another (thank God).  Cast, you probably think that our relationship was short lived.  Well, to me, our time spent so tightly connected to each other for the last several weeks felt like nothing short of an eternity. Both your abrasiveness and hardheadedness were difficult to accept (or avoid) at times. My wounds are still healing. Trust me, I'll never forget you (although I wish I could).  Still, after everything we have been through and all the miles we have traveled together, whether it be while hopping, rolling, or crawling, I wish to thank you.  I will forever be grateful to you for your wonderful healing qualities.  I trust that you understand that my leg can not live without water and moisturizer any longer, and that my skin will shrivel and die if we remain attached. I know we've had many a sleepless night over this (it was all because of you), and  I am certain that all along, you may have had an inkling that perhaps one day I would leave you for a walking boot, so that I could bathe again.  So my hobbling out on you on Monday should come as no surprise.  Neither of us knows what the future will hold.  I suspect that my relationship with the boot might have its ups and downs, and most likely it will be on again off again.  Deep down I am an independent woman, and perhaps, ultimately, I should just walk alone someday.  So it is without sadness (and with extreme pleasure) or regret that I bid you farewell.  You will forever be etched in my mind (and on my scarred body, thanks to you).  Lots of love (well... I guess, sort of). xoxo


Yours (hopefully not) Forever,
~Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment